Friday, February 6, 2009

Chasing My Dream

Doula Pictures, Images and Photos

The first time that I heard the word Doula,I was only 2 months pregnant and a friend was telling me that I should hire one to assist me at the birth of my first baby.
The second time that I heard the word Doula was at my first prenatal appointment where I met my midwives for the first time and the nurse on staff, who I knew right away would make the perfect Doula for me. Throughout my pregnancy I did a a lot of research about my birth options and the more reading that I did,the more I began to realize that there was so much more to giving birth and the birth process than what I had always heard about growing up...I knew that I needed a Doula with me during my labor & delivery as an extra support person,an extra comfort measure,an extra friend,and extra set of eyes and ears. I could have never imagined that my decision to have such a person would be so wonderful. My labor & delivery was very fast,but I still cherish having my Doula with me for that short amount of time-she made all the difference for me,my husband,and my family. She has inspired me to chase after my dream of becoming the very best Doula that I can be. She has inspired me to be a support system,a comfort measure,a friend,a blessing to woman who are in the midst of the most amazing moments in their lives-bringing that very special blessing into the world!
I want to make a difference in the birth world. I want to be the voice for the women who deserve to have the very best birth possible and to know that whatever happens during that time is okay,that they were made to give birth and that they can make it the most beautiful experience of their lives.
So this blog is a place for me to write about my new journey into the world of birth,oh how I love it! I hope to find the courage to share from my heart how I feel about some current issues in the birth world,but not to prove a point to people,just to educate and help others to think with a more open mind.
I am not a Doula as of yet...I am currently saving up money to start my training to become certified,and hope be on my way sooner rather than later in this year. Please feel free to comment,suggest and chat with me here!

Happy Birthing

No comments:

Post a Comment